Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration with a Digital Transformation Lens(Online)
The following requirements are necessary to qualify for the JBS PGDip:
NB: Places are limited and due to the competitive nature of our admission process, meeting the above requirements does not guarantee acceptance.
Teaching blocks in 2022
The JBS Online PGDip is a 12-month course broken down into six Study Blocks in 2022
- Orientation and Study Skills – 28 March 2022
- Block 1: 28 March to 24 April 2022
- Block 2: 16 May to 3 July 2022
- Block 3: 4 July to 21 August 2022
- Block 4: 22 August to 16 October 2022
- Block 5: 17 October to 12 December 2022
- Block 6: 16 January to 12 March 2023
- Orientation and Study Skills – 04 July 2022
- Block 1: 4 July to 21 August 2022
- Block 2: 22 August to 9 October 2022
- Block 3: 10 October to 27 November 2022
- Block 4: 28 November to 11 December 2022
- Block 5: 16 January to 23 April 2023
- Block 6: 24 April to 18 June 2023
Online PGDip Course Delivery
The JBS Online PGDip qualification is asynchronous which means that students do not attend live classes but complete work each week on their schedule. Students complete their weekly studies anywhere as long as they have connectivity. It is designed for busy people who require flexibility.
Our Online PGDip is groundbreaking in its approach with a sharpened view on the digital era and practical application of Digital Transformation concepts and principles to chisel and fine-tune leaders of the future. Within the context of COVID, disruption and uncertainty, leaders of today require authenticity, complexity and systems thinking, and courage to build high performing teams. The learning journey is intentional in its approach and draws on the wealth of experience of the faculty to go beyond textbook based analysis or thinking.
- There are no examinations as a Continuous Evaluation Model is applied.
- Students apply their insights to exciting challenges and dilemmas posed in focused assignments to enhance performance of self, their teams, and organisations.
- By completing the Online PGDip, successful students are granted six course credits toward the JBS Online MBA, which will reduce the Online MBA from 24 months to 16 months.
- The Online PGDip is twelve months in duration.
Asynchronous PGDip Information Sessions:
Register for one of our Zoom information sessions to learn more about what our Asynchronous PGDip programme (with a digital transformation lens) will offer, including the registration and application processes.
This programme has 12 modules, which can be completed in 1 year.
Online PGDip Modules
PGDiP Gateway Credits into the JBS MBA
Completing our PGDip course earns students the following six credits towards completing their JBS MBA:
- People management in the new world of work
- Competitive strategy: winning in the digital marketplace
- Accounting and financial management
- Digital technologies
- Operations and supply chain management in the digital age
- Economics and international business
Student Support and Communication:
Students have access to the Learning Management Platform, Blackboard, as a communication medium. Students will access all their module materials on Blackboard as well as communicate with the Programme Manager, attend regular information sessions and Q&A Huddles.
Students are also supported via three one-on-one coaching sessions with a registered coach during their learning journey.
Online PGDip Faculty
The expert professors of practice who teach our PGDip are involved in businesses, while also serving as passionate academics with interests in various business fields. This combination brings essential practical and theoretical knowledge to our PGDip.
Meet your professors and lecturers
Dr Dino Petrarolo
Senior Vice President of Competitive Capabilities International
Professor of Practice – Operations and Supply-Chain Management
Professor Rija Rijamampianina
Professor of People Experience and Leadership
Lecturer at the JBS in Digital Marketing
Senior Lecturer at the JBS in Accounting and Finance
Chief Executive Office and Digital Leader of Cadena Growth Partners
Professor of Practice – Digital Transformation and Business Innovation
Dr Sharon Munyaka
Professor of Practice – Personal Development
For more information on our online course
The JBS PGDip is a 12-month course broken down into four study quarters.